Friday, November 2, 2012

A month of Giving

Since November is the month which houses Thanksgiving, I wanted to dive head first into my Random Acts of Kindness every day mission. I thought this was going to be hard. In fact, I think as the days go on it may get harder to find things to do. I suppose there is no shame in repeating some of the acts though.

Yesterday I wasn't really thinking about doing it. However, as I pulled into Starbucks after work I noticed that the line was growing long in the drive thru. I decided today I would pay for the car behind me.

At first, I didn't think anyone was going to pull behind me. Then right before I pulled up to order a car pulled up behind me. I was excited. As I say with my window down I heard the lady rhino me trying to order a wrap. Starbucks didn't have the kind she wanted nor any sandwich she wanted for that matter. She just wanted something easy to eat in the car. She may have be frustrated, I would be.

Anyways, I paid for her. It wasn't very much. I think it was an extra $7 on my side. I don't know how she reacted to the news. I drove off and continued with my errands. I would like to think that she appreciated it. That it made her smile. One might even go as far to hope that maybe she paid for the car behind her and started a chain of Random Acts of Kindness.

So that kicked off my month of giving. I'm not sure what I am going to do today. I have been praying that The Lord will lead me to people that could use a but of kindness in their lives. We will see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment