Monday, May 14, 2012

Off Track

Lately it has occurred to me that I have gone about this blogging thing all wrong.

I wanted to focus on a specific topic. A topic I loved and thought other women may love as well. A topic I thought I had a market for. I was wrong.

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be proposed to in front of Cinderella's Castle. I used to think it was so romantic. However, the more I visited Disney, the more cliche I found the castle proposal to be.

So I set out on a quest to find the unique spots that Disney may have to offer for proposals. It was a lot of fun and there are so many! Every inch of Disney is unique and there are so many options when it comes to planning a unique proposal. But here's the problem, why direct this at girls? Men are the ones who normally do the proposing. My problem is that I don't know how to turn that around and make it interesting for guys.

Then something bad happened. I lost interest in my topic. Trust me, I LOVE LOVE LOVE all things weddings and proposals. However, I started working 50+ hour work weeks so that we could buy a house. I didn't have time to explore, let alone time to spend with David. So I stopped. Then I tried to get back into it. I really want to get back into it. But it doesn't feel right any more.

So I have decided for the moment, I will just keep writing in here. Any and all things that interest me. Thoughts that I might have. Maybe I'll even post the occasional proposal spot on here. Who knows.

All I know is this, unless someone is going to pay me to find and write blog posts about unique proposal spots across Disney property, then I'm just not going to have the time or energy to keep up on a blog about it.

By the way, if someone if offering that job... I'll take it!

Keep on chasing dreams friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment